A world where history is compelling and hues are vibrant; Vietnam is a charming destination for tourists from all corners of the world. It’s utterly beautiful, astonishingly mysterious, and home to a wealth of compelling destinations.
This strikingly beautiful country is a result of years of internal combustion and turmoil, and agile transformation. Since the appalling savagery and slaughter induced by the American War, Vietnam, as a resilient nation, has come back to life and is jaunty in hope. And it wouldn’t be wrong to address the resolute nation as a phoenix risen from the ashes.
Vietnam is full of unexpected, unforgettable experiences. Anyone visiting the country for the first time would be overwhelmed by the sensory overdose varied geography, delectable cuisine, bountiful shopping sites and never-ending beaches.
Let’s delve a little further into Vietnam’s confines and see what the world is gaga about. Take a look at some of the best tourist attractions in Vietnam:
1. Hanoi: Hanoi is a rapidly growing city which has served as Vietnam’s capital for over a thousand years. Trips and tours to Vietnam often begin this beautiful Indochinese colonial city. Hanoi is a proud city which boasts of pagodas, lakes, dynastic temples, heritage monuments and French-era villas. It has, however, remained true to its elemental personality despite the tide of change.
2. Ha Long Bay: For many tourists, a trip to Vietnam is incomplete without Ha Long Bay, which represents a pinnacle of their Vietnam experience. Contrary to Hanoi, this is the perfect countermeasure to contemporary ebullience which Hanoi provides and renders the visitors with numerous opportunities for leisure and recreation in its chartreuse waters.
3. Cat Ba Island: Cat Ba Island is a mountainous getaway nestled on the periphery of Ha Long Bay. Defining Ha Long Bay’s southwestern limits, the island expands over 350 square kilometers and is one of the best destinations in Vietnam.
4. Ho Chi Minh: Along with Hanoi, this city provides a dizzying introduction to Vietnam. Set beside the Saigon River, Ho Chi Minh is the largest city in Vietnam and perhaps, the most exciting too. A high-octane city of culture and commerce, the city is buzzing with energy and breathes life into each and everyone who chooses to traverse through its soil.
What to do in Vietnam?
All the major tourist destinations in Vietnam offer a number of short tours and activities. Apart from that, you could choose:
- Underwater diving in Phu Quoc Island and Nha Trang
- Kitesurfing in Mui Ne
- Trek around Sapa
- Enjoy food walks and cooking courses in Hanoi, Hoi An and Saigon
- Visit historic sites and ruins at Nha Trang, Mui Ne, Phan Rang Thap Chan and My Son